Sunday, August 12, 2012

Countdown

I'm not sure when kids start to develop a sense of time, but being on the verge of four certainly isn't it.  As soon as we hit the month of August, Morgan wanted it to be her birthday.every.day.  In fact, she has been telling me all week that her birthday is in 38 pounds. Did I mention I think my kid is gifted?

To help her figure out when the big day is arriving, we made a little calendar this weekend.  Each morning, she gets to tear one ring off.  When we get to the pink ring, that's the day of her party.  When we get to the purple ring, that's her actual birthday.  Day one went off without a hitch, but I am willing to bet she's going to have the whole thing dismembered by tomorrow night and try to convince me her birthday is Tuesday. Gifted, not so sure.  Naughty, totally confident.


No comments: