Sunday, February 17, 2013

Change of Heart

Despite my overt disdain for Valentine's Day, David continues to try to make the day special. I realized this year that doing something cute for Morgan is just as important to him as doing something for me. I am sure it's because she's genuinely grateful and doesn't interrogate him about the $3.49 he spent on a %*$& card.


Of course Morgan also wanted to give Valentines to her classmates. Of course I didn't want to have to buy two boxes of Hello Kitty holding little heart bouquets. My friend Hannah recently introduced me to the world of free printables. Printables are really just images that someone with actual talent has created and posted online for other people to use and take credit for. I was on that like white on rice. The only glitch in my plan was convincing Morgan that we should give her friends bookmarks. "But Mom, none of my friends even know how to read!!!" Whatev.

When it was all said and done, Morgan was ready to get her Heart Day on:
I sent Morgan off to school, confident that our little festivities were over. I even briefly considered going shoe shopping after work. Good thing I didn't. I came home to this:

And this:

And this:

He even put on a tie for dinner. I really need to quit being such an ass about Valentine's Day.

No comments: