Friday, September 27, 2013

Ten

David and I met ten years ago today. Yes, we still celebrate it. A friend of mine took this picture on our 2nd date. It was 2003. My hair was a little bigger and we were both a little smaller. We were smitten. Perhaps the biggest indicator of just how new our relationship was is the fact that David actually appears to be 2 inches taller than I am in this picture. He's not. I've quit slouching. I now wear heels. He pretends I'm a chubby super model. We're a good match.

In the spirit of our ten years together, I will give you one guess as to the answers for each of the following:
  • On a scale of one to ten, how much I generally like this guy.
  • The number of days each month he actually annoys me just a little.
  • The number of gray hairs I've gotten since we've met.
  • The number of stretch marks I earned got carrying around his daughter for 9 months.
  • The number of calls he makes to me at work every day. Unless he’s off for the summer, then you can multiple that by ten.
  • The number of times he likes to tell me the same story over and over, especially if I don’t laugh at his punch lines the first time.
  • The number of cell phones he has dropped or broken since I have known him.
  • The number of coffee cups I found in his car last week.
  • The number of Morgan’s Barbies I also found in there.
  • The number of times he tells me he loves me each day.
  • The number of times I tell him right back. 

To ten years of magic. May there be a million more. 

No comments: