Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring Fever

We've had a couple of moderately warm days here recently. Just warm enough to let you think it's almost spring...until it snows again and your husband starts crying because he is tired of looking at kitchen paint samples and just wants to go mow the lawn. Not that anything like that has ever happened here. 

Over the past few days, David has been working on his worm farm (don't ask) while Morgan has pulled every thing in the garage out into the front yard. Now that she is a little bit older, she actually gets to play outside with a little less supervision. And by less I mean she is no longer physically tethered to me while I give everyone in an unmarked van the stink eye and yell at every passing car to slow down.

As I looked out the front window yesterday, I watched the following unfold.








When I got close enough to ask her exactly what she was doing, she looked at me like I had two heads. "Mom, I am just making my pirate ship. This is my boat and this is my oar and this is my life preserver." Oh, duh. Because all pirates survive the rough seas using inflatable pool toys.

 Looks like David isn't the only one with a little spring fever around here. Now I just need to get the worms out of the garage.

No comments: