Monday, December 5, 2011

When The Moon Hits Your Eye

I am pretty much a mutt.  I am part Irish, part Scottish, and maybe even a little Norwegian.  The closest thing my family ever got to celebrating holidays of our heritage was when my mom dyed all of our pancakes green on St. Patricks Day  (Don't worry, Mom, the tradition is alive and well.  Morgan will totally know her roots.) -

David, on the other hand, is 100% Italian.  So Italian that he actually knows which one of his relatives came over on a boat. So Italian that he actually had a grandmother who would squeeze his cheeks and yell out phrases in a language that he couldn't understand. So Italian that he thinks a major component of parenting includes teaching our daughter and her friends how to make their own pizza.







Frankly, I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I love those two best friends together in their white aprons making a pizza! How adorable ;0) Thanks Amy for keeping the green pancakes alive! xoxoxoxo