Thursday, February 23, 2012

Squalor

I was gone for seven days.  Before I left, I bought groceries, I did laundry, and I organized Morgan's clothes for the week.  I even warned Morgan's teacher that my child may look slightly questionable while I was away. When I got home, I encountered the following:







Fortunately, I also encountered this:
(I am pretty sure that's how I did her hair last Thursday)

I asked David at what point the tornado hit our house; he informed me that if he was a single parent, he would probably just live in squalor until something started to stink or his mom showed up for a visit (because you know the fear of mom dropping by can push any man into action).

When I told him that wasn't really a viable long term plan, he just looked at me and said, "I kept her alive, didn't I?"  Fair enough. 

No comments: