Monday, March 12, 2012

I Feel Pretty

I have a ritual every morning.  I shower, grab a cup of coffee, and put on my make-up at the kitchen table while I read the news on line.  I have done this for as long as I can remember.  Over the past three years, I haven't given it a second thought that a certain little person has been watching my every move.  I left the table yesterday morning to get dressed, only to return to this forlorn face:

After years of watching me, Morgan had the idea right, even if the technique was a little off.  Unfortunately, Morgan was so upset at me taking pictures that she began crying, "Look away, Mom - I did it wrong!!!"

So I dried her tears, wiped her face, and decided it was the right time to teach her one of the most important lessons a mother can pass on to her daughter...

...there isn't much in life that a good coat of mascara can't fix.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Amy you are such a good momma! Morgan looks up to you and loves you so much. You both are so beautiful - mascara or not ;0)