Friday, May 25, 2012

The Grass Is Greener

I have joked a lot over the years about wanting Morgan to grow up so I can put her to work.  Right now, we're enjoying that super fun stage where Morgan wants to help with everything but doesn't actually have any skills.   

But you know, part of being a good parent is letting your kids try new things...even if that means mowing the lawn takes three hours and you spend the entire time wondering if your daughter is going to lose a limb in the process.  In fact, I'm pretty sure my uncle lost a few toes while mowing the lawn in his socks one time.  Could be an urban legend, but I'm not taking any chances.

Morgan was super excited to work in the yard with David last weekend.  With a lot little bit of help, she was able to steer the mower and even got it started.  I'm 100% percent sure this was all very safe and legal.  Toddlers operate heavy machinery all the time, right?



What David and I hadn't planned for in this little character-building exercise was just how much "help" Morgan was going to be when it came time to empty the bag.  Suddenly, our background became filled with lush, green confetti, so much so that I spent the next 20 minutes chasing her around, trying to get all of the clippings back in the pile. Don't let this picture fool you, girlfriend went rogue.  

When it was all said and done, the lawn looked great, I was exhausted, and my child took the concept of a "green thumb" to a whole new level.

No comments: