Friday, June 1, 2012

She's Like The Wind

With graduation season in full swing, I thought it only appropriate to recognize the little graduation that just took place at our house.  We are now officially rockin' a two-wheeler.

Truth be told, it's technically a four-wheeler, but we'd like to think of those two bonus wheels as a little bit of insurance that Morgan doesn't lose her two front teeth any sooner than she's supposed to.

As I watched her start her first ride on a "big girl bike" I could feel the tears beginning to fill the corners of my eyes. My chest tightened as I tried hard not to let them fall-

 My emotions were all over the board.  I was excited to see her taking the next brave step-

I was so sad that my baby girl is growing up and quite simply not a baby anymore - 

But mostly, I was just grateful she kept looking back to make sure I was still there.  Yeah, I'm here.  Always.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

What a darling post.... emotional post... even for this old lady! It brought back 35 years of memories doing the same "growing pains" with my kids. Morgan is beautiful... her huge brown eyes melt my heart!