Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dish Pan Hands

I am trying to use the fact that Morgan is now four as some kind of parenting leverage.  Like, "Morgan, did you know that when you're four you have to listen to Mom the first time she tells you to do something?" Or, "Morgan, did you know that kids who are four know how to make their own bed?"  Or, occasionally, "Morgan, did you know that when you're four you can tell the difference between Coors Light and Bud Light?  Now you can get Daddy the right beer!"  

My plan is not going so well.  When I told her that being four meant she needed to help me fold laundry, Morgan fell to the floor and starting screeching, "But that will take forever!  I don't think I want to be four anymore!"  So I let it go and quit trying to make this whole birthday thing a push for manual labor.  

But when I got home last night, David asked me to look at the camera.  Without David asking, Morgan had put on her Hello Kitty tiara, threw on an apron, and started washing the dishes.  I'd like to think it's because she had a brief moment of clarity and recognized it was the right thing to do, but I'm pretty sure it was just an excuse to squeeze half a bottle of dish soap into the sink.  Whatever gets the job done.




No comments: