Friday, January 18, 2013

Cheap Tricks

There was a part of me that was hesitant to post anything this week after our big announcement. Frankly, no amount of Morgan antics can compare with might be on the horizon for us. However, until we actually have a new member of our family, you're just going to have to settle for our regularly scheduled programming...I will try to make it worth your while.

Last Saturday was one of my darkest busiest days as the mother of a preschooler. We had two back-to-back birthday parties, one of which was at Chuck E Cheese. at 6:00. on a Saturday night. AND MY KID HAD NO NAP. I will spare you the details, but we ended up carrying Morgan to the car, as she repeatedly called me stupid while I pinned her into her car seat. Oh yeah, and then she threw her shoes at me while I was driving.

However, before everything imploded, they distributed goody bags to all of the attendees. Frankly, it was the highlight of my day. For less than a dollar, every kid was in stitches, convinced they were Groucho Marx reincarnated. 



Unfortunately, what was precious on a group of little girls was full on creepy on a grown ass man. After we finally got home and got Morgan calmed down (which I am just going to admit involved a corn dog, an orange slushy, and two glasses of wine-don't judge me), David thought he would try on the spectacles to see if he could get me to laugh. While he stood there grinning, I couldn't help but think he was just one step above parading around in a giant mouse costume. Now THAT would have helped me forget my misery...

No comments: