Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby Mama Trauma

I was at the grocery store tonight and watched a little boy have a total meltdown when his dad took away a bag of cookies so he could pay for them.  I thought to myself how fortunate I was that we had never had a grocery store meltdown.  And then I remembered.  The night.  Morgan was about a year old.  She wanted milk.  She saw the gallons, all lined up behind the glass, just asking to be poured into a sippy cup.  But I was not a good mom (yet), and I had no cup.  

I calmly explained that we would just have to wait.  No, you don't need to read that again.  I actually thought that my little pep talk would do the trick.  It didn't. She wailed. She sobbed.  I wailed. I sobbed. Things got so bad one of my neighbors stopped me in the dog food isle and told me to stick a bagel in Morgan's mouth to shut her up. I'm wiser now.  I keep bagels in my purse...just in case any more neighbors get out of line again and need me to shut them up.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh Amy - I don't remember that story, but I do remember Morgan at that age. What a sad face! I just want to kiss both of you and make it better. Love you, Mom