Saturday, September 24, 2011

Night Watch

I recently talked about a major milestone at our house. You remember, the one that thanked Huggies and apologized to the environment? That little event pales in comparison to what's been happening lately.  For those of you who don't know (which is only possible if you live too far away to hear me complain about it all the time), Morgan has not consistently slept through the night...ever.  She generally goes to bed like a charm but then decides one of two things in the middle of the night - 
  1. The rotation of the earth around the sun is meaningless.  Who cares if it's 4:47?  Let's watch some Blues Clues!
  2. The world is a dark and scary place.  This situation (which actually occurs about 90% of the time) can only be remedied with a cup of milk, rearranging of the herd of stuffed animals that live in the bed, and assurances that there are no monsters hiding in the closet. Please note the flashlight below...a very effective tool in monster hunting.
And then it just stopped.  Morgan goes to bed at night and wakes up in the morning.  Unfortunately, now I'm the one not sleeping through the night.  After three years of nightly treks down the hall, I wake up every night in an absolute panic that I haven't heard her cry or yell out for me.  On more than one occasion, I have gone in to check on her and have accidentally woken her up.  Oh yeah, I'm sticking it to myself.  Maybe David should get me a flashlight.


1 comment:

Patty said...

What a darling sleeping beauty! Flashlight - genius! Snuggled in her bed with her little stuffed friends, So very cozy! Now... Amy you need to stay cozy in your bed and enjoy a good night's sleep! Love you baby girl - Grandma Patty