Monday, November 19, 2012

And A Dollar Short

I'd like to tell you I intentionally waited three weeks to post Morgan's pictures from Halloween but I would be lying.  I actually forgot about Halloween right about the time I ate Morgan's last bag of M&Ms and hadn't thought about it since. 
 
Halloween was different this year for two reasons. One, it was the first year I didn't buy Morgan a costume that was some pre-made fabric tube with fur and a tail (which you can see here, here, and here). Two, I decided to let Morgan pick her own costume with only a moderate amount of strong arming on my part.
 
Me: Morgan, what do you want to be for Halloween?
Morgan: A princess.
Me: I hate princesses.  Everyone is a princess.  Can we pick something a little more creative?
Morgan: Fine, I'll be a ballerina.
Me: Morgan, the point of a costume is to be something different than you are in real life.  You take ballet.  You're already a dancer.
Morgan: Mom, you can't make this decision for me.
 
Ballerina= 1      Mom=0
 
Once I admitted defeat, I was hell bent on giving her costume a little homemade flair.  Since I don't know how to sew, my options were limited.  However, with a little bit of help from Pinterest, I was able to tie the shit out of some tulle.





Yeah, I rocked it.  Next year I might even break out the hot glue gun.

No comments: